older super 27 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

new guy

May 20, 2013
the county, me
Dropped the baffle down to inspect before the season starts. No gasket around the secondary port, did they all have one? Its a 2001 I think

and

when reinstalling the blanket, how important is the placement of the edges. I would guess the extra length should climb up the sides.

thanks guys

The gasket should be there. They are cheap, contact your dealer.

I cleaned my chimney three times last year and never noticed the baffle gasket coming off during my first cleaning but thanks to folks here it was brought to my attention. My wife went to our stove store in town last month so I had her pick up 3 for me. She doesn't remember exactly how much it was because she bought me an ash rake at the same time but figures it was $5-$15 for all three. I put mine in on Sunday. At dinner tonight my 12 year old daughter who has her bedroom downstairs said shes ready for me to start burning so she can warm up and my son and wife were under a blanket watching tv tonight. I don't know what else I need to get me to start burning!

Status
Not open for further replies.