Older Super 27

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dan_13

Dec 17, 2020
California
Good Afternoon/Evening all,

I am a new wood stove user, using an older PE Super 27, serial number 61198. I have looked high and low and cannot find out which replacement baffle I am supposed to order.

The stove is one of the square door, with the air inlet control on the right and what I believe is the flue control on the left. I don't see a baffle pin in the back, or even the hole for the pin, and the baffle plate (Underside of baffle?) is corroded through.

In fact the stove looks very similar to the one in the Pole Barn post:

And that is exactly what my baffle looks like. The baffle brackets look fine, no warpage, but the baffle is toast.

Anyone able to help me with the parts I need to order to get this thing running like a champ?

Thank you all for your time.

Dan

Good Afternoon/Evening all,

I am a new wood stove user, using an older PE Super 27, serial number 61198. I have looked high and low and cannot find out which replacement baffle I am supposed to order.

The stove is one of the square door, with the air inlet control on the right and what I believe is the flue control on the left. I don't see a baffle pin in the back, or even the hole for the pin, and the baffle plate (Underside of baffle?) is corroded through.

In fact the stove looks very similar to the one in the Pole Barn post:

And that is exactly what my baffle looks like. The baffle brackets look fine, no warpage, but the baffle is toast.

Anyone able to help me with the parts I need to order to get this thing running like a champ?

Thank you all for your time.

Dan

Here is a photo of the baffle.

Attachments

• Older Super 27
    1608253182781550517626802146205.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Older Super 27
    16082532121904841560669104759121.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 173
Don't hold me to this, but I thought the older Supers could be upgraded to a type A baffle. Do you have a local PE dealer that you can work on this with? If not, contact PE tech support and provide them with the serial number and year of mfg. The main thing for fitting will be the baffle dimensions and the secondary tube fit and alignment.

Don't hold me to this, but I thought the older Supers could be upgraded to a type A baffle. Do you have a local PE dealer that you can work on this with? If not, contact PE tech support and provide them with the serial number and year of mfg. The main thing for fitting will be the baffle dimensions and the secondary tube fit and alignment.

Begreen,

Thank you. I have a dealer about 2 hours away, so I think I will give them a call. Thank you for your help!

Dan