One of those mornings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, stayed above Zero for a change.

Yep. Looks like I am running a factory at my place. And my oil boiler kicked on to supplement, which uses a power-vent, and it looks like the music video for thriller on the side of my house. Crazy.

19C (-4F) here this morning. And yes, 2 bags to keep house warm, Friday is not looking good either. :(;sick

i didn't see s**t as the drapes are closed and not opening anytime soon.;lol

-13F and currently -11F

(it's safe to assume there is steam though.)

19C (-4F) here this morning. And yes, 2 bags to keep house warm, Friday is not looking good either. :(;sick

Come on you are hardier than that.

Why back in the day my brother and I used to walk to school in howling snow storms with temperatures lower than that.

Yea, I see steam when the temps dip below 10*F, typical operation.

Was -15 at the house this morning and steam was clearly visible from the exhaust vent outside. Only visible when temps dip below 0 typically.

Anyone else seeing steam this morning?
Roger that. Had -11.1 F at daybreak this AM.

At first I thought it was our wood stove smoke down drafting along the roof line from the other end of the farmhouse, then I realized there was no wind to speak of. First time I've seen that as well from my pellet stove.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope - I am up and gone way before light, and getting dark as I get home. I don't really care what it looks like out there as long as there isn't dark smoke or flames coming out the pipe!

-25::F still run it on medium 1.25 bags a day. cozy warm on both floors. No steam or smoke no boiler to help heat, the CAB50 is really shinning this winter best $1200 bucks ever spent on heat.

These MINUS ##### are hard for me to deal with.

Here in my area we have seen 0F only a few tiimes in my 60+ years on this lump of rock.

We had it last winter a couple mornings.

The normal nasty cold here is gonna be in the teens and maybe down to upper singles F

Worst part of this area is when its cold the wind is howling.

At 0F we will be running both Whits and the Quad will kick on a few times, especially at night.

Dealing with the heating part is not too bad, but the fuel consumption sure goes up.

Now if we get a nice foot of snow on the roof first, ahhhhhh, much better.

Sad part of a manuf house is you can't easily add more insulation above.

Anyway.
Yesssss, when it gets down in the low temps there is some steam out the vents.

Nope - I am up and gone way before light, and getting dark as I get home. I don't really care what it looks like out there as long as there isn't dark smoke or flames coming out the pipe!
I also leave when dark and get home when dark but the headlights off the car light up the vent area so the stream is quite visible.

-25::F still run it on medium 1.25 bags a day. cozy warm on both floors. No steam or smoke no boiler to help heat, the CAB50 is really shinning this winter best $1200 bucks ever spent on heat.
That just means you have a small house[emoji3]

Yep. Looks like I am running a factory at my place. And my oil boiler kicked on to supplement, which uses a power-vent, and it looks like the music video for thriller on the side of my house. Crazy.
Your Pellergy boiler is up and running, no? Or is it the Accentra only? The Pellergy isn't keeping up? Not that that's bad, you don't want to oversize and you have supplemental.

You need to change your sig! :)

I also leave when dark and get home when dark but the headlights off the car light up the vent area so the stream is quite visible.

My exhaust is on the other side of the house and uphill from my driveway (and the opposite way from which I turn), so I would have to make a special effort to be in a position to see it and light it up enough for it to be seen

Can't see my vent from inside the house. There are no windows on that wall.

Wait a minute, I thought that steam is invisible and all you can see is water vapor once it condenses?

OK, I know what you meant.

Unless you live in an extremely cold environment, there is no way the water vapor would condense that quickly.

Saturated steam is visible superheated steam is not. Burned a 50 lbs. over night. It was -12 this morning.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.