1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

One year in this house and the boiler is finished

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by hartkem, Oct 14, 2012.

1. hartkem

hartkem Member

Loc:
    KC
    boiler.JPG overall.JPG closup.JPG piping.JPG overheat loop.JPG shack.JPG
    This month marks the one year point in our new house. Since moving in last October I have built a boiler shack, and installed the EKO 40 Boiler with 500 gallons of pressurized storage. Yesterday I was putting the finishing touches on the install by insulating the outside 1 1/2 copper pipe with John Mansville Microlok. Two weekends ago I finished the overheat loop. Now I can finally say there isn't anything else to do but Im sure I'll make future improvements.
    Gasifier likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dogwood

dogwood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western VA
    Nice,neat looking installation hartkem. Nice looking job on the pipe isulation. That 1 1/2 inch copper price must have cost you a bundle. I almost fell over when I priced it and went with black iron instead. Did you build the shed? Looks good as well.

Mike
  3. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Very nice hartkem! Looks great. I went with all copper as well. Made it fast and easy for the installers with those crimp fittings. That is going to be one warm boiler building! I see you insulated it! Be a nice place for a nap on a really cold day. "Honey, I am going out to feed the boiler and take care of a few things out there." Be back soon. ;lol Hour and a half later.....
  4. hartkem

hartkem Member

Loc:
    KC
    Yes I built the building myself over the mild winter we had last year. I have run a few loads through it and it does get toasty in there. Should be a little cooler now that all the piping is insulated.
  5. Quincy

Quincy Member

Loc:
    Ontario
    Nice setup I might consider removing the handles on the ballcock valves .I would hate to see a small child accidentally turning the valve and being scalded.
  6. goosegunner

goosegunner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI
    Congratulations! You did a very nice job, its great when a plan comes together and is complete.

gg
  7. hartkem

hartkem Member

Loc:
    KC
    I didn't think of that but your absolutely right. It is a safety issue the way it is now
  8. 711mhw

711mhw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western ME
    Nice clean job! That pipe insulation tops the cake!
    Guess those trees in the backround are now on the endangered list!;lol