Oneida Filter System and Shop Vac Exhaust Filter question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
IMG_4133.JPG IMG_4135.JPG Happy pre heating to all! Three questions....1) Does anyone use this Oneida system. There are some neat You Tube videos showing the system in use and my first thought is, Wow...it really works! At up to $99 bucks though it's expensive....but if your not replacing bags and pre-filters as much, maybe it's worth it???
2) My main concern (as hard as vacuuming ash has always been,) what dust particles are exiting the exhaust on my shop vac? Unless I don't understand exactly how a shop vac works, I assume that some fine ash will always make it through to the exhaust and that is why I have attached a hepa Filter to my exhaust port....I have from time to time checked the inside of this Filter and I see no black areas........I still have a Power Smith vac but, I have found the bags very hard to clean and to keep ash from getting to the clean side of the filter.......Also I have notice black soot on the rim of the PS where the seal is suppose to be tight...
3) Back to my Ridgid Shop Vac. Like most Shop Vac's the top always sits loose...Does air blow out around the edges or does it get sucked in?

Thanks, Bill

I use a Gore Cleanstream HEPA filter cartridge inside my Shop Vac. Works great and can be washed off. I have used mine for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.