Online weather forecasters- who do you like?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
I'm curious because, Accuweather.com has me at -1::F right now, and Wunderground.com has me at -7.8::F. I'm colder than that outside right now, but Wunderground is closer to my temp.
So, who do you find more accurate?
Thanks, JB

I like Wunderground but my wife uses Accuweather.
To me Wunderground is a little more accurate.

The wunderground site is correct within a degree or two if I pick the right weather station. There used to be one just down the road but it's gone now.

Wunderground says 43* while it's 39* here. Either way it's poruing rain and my yard is flooding cause the ground is still frozen.

Closest wunderground station is about 15 miles away, as the crow flies, and at a bit lower elevation. They say -6::F right now, but my back deck thermo. says -12::F. Still closer than accuweather's temps..

Wunderground, 3 stations within 5 miles of me

I guess a lot of the stations are hobbyists'? Might be another thing to spend some money on...hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.