Oops! Overstrike...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
ruh roh Raggy

quads said:
Woody Stover said:
Oops! Overstrike…
Oops indeed!....
If I didn't have so much POWAH, this never would have happened. :lol:

I like how the sticker has worn off in just the right spot.

Take it back to the shop you bought it from...you might get a new one.

mayhem said:
I like how the sticker has worn off in just the right spot.

Take it back to the shop you bought it from...you might get a new one.
It's been so long, I can't even remember where I got it. Besides, I don't feel that I should be rewarded for being an idiot. :lol:
I think I've got an epoxy handle in the shop, so I'll slap it in there. Like my ol' Pappy used to say, "It's had plenty of new heads and handles, but it's still the same old axe." :lol:
The head's still attached; I'm tempted to see how long it will stay on there. I don't want to take my head off if it goes flying, though...

mayhem said:
Wear a helmet and let the chips fall where they may.
:lol:

GolfandWoodNut said:
Fib ASS handle I see.
Yep, I assed it up pretty good. :-/

I have that same splitter, got it at HD. Never did that to it, but the fiberglass stem that actually goes into the head has cracked and splintered repeatedly. I've given up re-epoxying it and moved on to a craftsman 8# maul. If that breaks, I know where to go for a replacement.

Perhaps it it time for a Fiskars, they have a lifetime warranty.

WES999 said:
Perhaps it it time for a Fiskars, they have a lifetime warranty.
I've got an X27 too, but I like the more pronounced wedge of the Ludell sometimes...
I may just blob a bunch of Conap epoxy over the entire area and see how long it lasts. It would be yet another hearth.com experiment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.