Opinions - 7 year old VC Dutch West Large

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

Hearth Supporter
Oct 22, 2007
Virginia
Used 3 seasons, has catalyst, great condition. Guy wants $600. Do these catalysts clog? Would a few decent output fires help? I ask because he ran it in smolder mode a lot due to small room it was in.

I wouldn't give $600 for a used stove. There are too many options for new stoves that are only a couple hundred more brand new. That is just my opinion. If the Catalyst is no good that can be another couple of hundred on top of the $600.

How old is the cat? 7 years and it probably needs replacement. Maybe i'd offer $400.

Hehe you're talking to the same guy I am.

I offered a LOT less than that. But I think $600 is high. Stove is almost definitely going to need a new cat, gasket work and maybe the refractory package. These only retail for +/- $1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.