1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Opinions needed for new stove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by PapaDave, Apr 24, 2013.

1. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    As some here know, I've been holding off getting a new stove.
    The time has come which will allow the E-30 this year, and the BK sirocco seems too rich right now.
    The opinions I'd like would be re: getting the E-30 or waiting on the new model Englander.
    What say the experts?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

The 30-NC is one sexy looking beast.

But I am Biased. ;)

For the price. Its hard to beat? There is a thread for some for $599 plus shipping? Have you checked on them?
  3. PapaDave

Loc:
    Saw that thread today Dex. I might check on it tomorrow. I need to know what shipping will be.
    That's the one that brought this to a head.
    It was starting to look like no 30 deals this year, and a guy from Oregon finds a deal in Michigan.
    Ain't the interwebs amazing?
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

The web is an amazing place.

This place is case in point. ;)
  5. aansorge

aansorge Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Minnesota
  6. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    Looks like an older BK. . .might not have the Alien Technology®.

Maybe get an Englander while the gettin's good and sell it later for minimal loss, if you find something you like better.
  7. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    It's a cat stove. It has an 8" outlet, which could be an inconvenience. Looks like the sides have been glowing before [​IMG]

I'd get the 30.
  8. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

http://www.amfmenergy.com/50tnc30----epa-certified-noncatalytic-wood-stove--2250302201.html

949.00 shipping included to local pickup point for an added fee can be shipped to your doorstep
  9. PapaDave

Loc:
    Thanks Mike.
    Doesn't HD do free shipping to my door? Locally, I can online order for 899 + tax.
    Might have jumped the gun here anyway. This purchase may have to wait a while......again.>> If I need to wait, maybe the new one will be available when I'm finally ready to buy, eh?
    That older BK can be someone else's problem, but thanks for trying. It's appreciated.
    It's a good 4-5 hour drive..one way. :eek:
  10. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va

i think online through Home Depot Direct will ship to residence through "nonstop" their shipping company of choice
  11. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    It's a beast alright! :rolleyes:

The Sirocco isn't much more than the Princess. Only a few hundred. You'll save that in wood in 1 year. Just think of those long burn times, higher quality and better looking stove!
  12. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I would wait until I could afford the stove I really wanted. Worst case buy the 30 burn it for a while and upgrade again when you have the money. The 30 will without a doubt get the job done for you.
    PapaDave likes this.
  13. Cross Cut Saw

Cross Cut Saw Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    The City of Ships, Bath, Maine
    I think you came to the wrong place, you'll never get anyone on here to share their opinions ...:p
    PapaDave likes this.
  14. PapaDave

Loc:
    You know rdust, I was thinking the same thing. With this house, I need something very controllable.
    The Ashley gets the job done pretty well, except for the below 0::F weather. I can run it fairly cleanly most of the time (although nothing like a new stove), and once I get over the disappointment of not getting a new one I'll see the silver lining. It's coming into view as I type.:cool:
    If the new Englander has some sort of alien tech., it'll go into the running too.
    I'll save my pennies and go for the gooder stove.

There's the rub. I'll save wood, but not much money, since I've calc'd I'll only spend about $300/year as it is. The year after next, the cost for wood goes for getting me back and forth to my "supply" about 4 miles from here.
    It's the time and effort I'm thinking about, and a new stove of just about any kind will take care of a bunch of that.