Opinions on Fireplace Xtrordinair Gas Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel

Oct 12, 2007
Does anyone have an opinion on Fireplace Xtrordinair Direct Vent Gas inserts?
From my preliminary research, most dealers in my area are recommending Regency, Mendota or the Fireplace Xtrordinair.
I have seen the Regency and Mendota, but have not seen the Fireplace Xtrordinair yet.
Also, do they have a website? I have tried www.fireplacex.com, but it doesn't seem to be working?

Thanks!

Looks like their website is down, but here is the link. You might also want to check out your local Avalon, and Lopi dealer (if that's not the same guy) since from what I understand it's the same unit and mfg, just different faces.

www.travisproducts.com

Good units with little to no problems. Great flame pattern. They tend towards the "burned down" fire look which I prefer and the detail in their logs is second to none.

Yes
FPX, Lopi and avalon
All the same Guts
just different faces and firebrick options
You are going to pay more for FPX for the options are more fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.