opinions on this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ale x

Oct 25, 2020
Italy
Hi everyone
IMG_20231121_150039.jpg IMG_20231121_150019.jpg

Can you give me some opinions on this stove? I like her a lot but I don't know her. how much can it be worth? is it good quality? thanks for the replies

Looks like a Fisher clone from the 1970s. Typically they go for scrap value up to around $250 at peak wood burning season in the US. I have no idea what it would sell for in Italy.

Hi Begreen
then I'll let it go because they ask for €700.
If I understand correctly, quality it's a bit like fake jotul made in Taiwan, right?
Thanks for the reply

If I understand correctly, quality it's a bit like fake jotul made in Taiwan, right?
Thanks for the reply
Not really. It's a steel stove not cast iron. That makes a big difference. Back when these were made they went overkill on the thickness of the steel. They typically are built like tanks. And like a tank, not fuel efficient, but they will get the job done.

yes the stove is in Holland, but I meant that here in Italy I have never seen any like this and therefore I didn't know if they were valid. Forgive some errors but I use the translator and perhaps it is not always precise.
thanks