option A or B??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrythegreat

Jan 10, 2008
canada
I want to thank those who helped me out with my last quesiton.

I am pretty close to buying a zero clearance fireplace. I am debating between

A installing the fireplace in an existing closet in my living room and have the chimney go up an inside wall. I would then lose my closet.

B install it on the oposing wall in the same living room but have the chimney go directly outside.

I know A would be more efficiant but is it worth losing the only closet I have for our coats and shoes , boots etc ?

thank you

A clothes tree and hat rack is the cheapest solution. Or you can get an nice looking wardrobe armoire. You wife will probably enjoy shopping for one. They can be found in antiques store if you like old ones or they can be bought new. We have two, one was unfinished and we painted it and the other was custom made.

http://www.armoireshowroom.com

Status
Not open for further replies.