Options for Termovar for Solo MB 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejhills

Hearth Supporter
Jun 26, 2008
Central Maine
Hello All-

I realize I can call Tarm in the morning, but I'm looking for what my options are in a mixing/ loading valve.
Currently I have no storage, but I'd still like the ol Tarm to be as efficient as possible.

Are there any suggestions.

Thanks
Ed

Really any 3 way thermostatic valve will work. Just look for one with a Cv rating of 7.5 or more. Another option that I prefer is using a circ with a variable speed control.

I use a solar control with two outputs. One set of sensors runs the boiler pump on a differential with a 145 °F min. setting. The second output runs the "shuttle" circ on a differential function with variable speed control. As the boiler heats up the pump speeds up, like a cruise control for your system.

Any brand wet rotor circ will work with these controls. The control also does some basic data logging, records run hours on the pumps and does some energy calculations.

hr

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.