Oslo being installed RIGHT NOW!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Congrats and I hope you enjoy your new stove as well as I like mine. After using the old stove for 26 years I was a little leary about changing stoves. Well, I'm glad I did; more heat with less wood! Mine didn't have any burn off smoke when it was brand new either.

Jim

Install complete! What A Beaut! Can't burn until friday so the cement can cure. Bummer! Fire Inspector tonight. So close yet so very, very far.

dsil said:
My new Jotul oslo in blue black enamel is here, and install is taking place. WOO HOO!

I have the firelight, my bro in law Woodbutcher has the Oslo... GREAT stoves, you won't regret it...

FLASHMAN said:
dsil said:
My new Jotul oslo in blue black enamel is here, and install is taking place. WOO HOO!

I have the firelight, my bro in law Woodbutcher has the Oslo... GREAT stoves, you won't regret it...

"The Jotul Brothers"

You'll love that stove........

I've stuffed over 2 cord in my Oslo this year, no regrets. This thing'll get the living room up to 90F if I want it too. The cast iron holds the heat pretty good too. Touch that side door for an instant when you're loadin' and you'll get branded :)

Got the blue black enamel here too, just a sweet stove.

I load it around 9 or so at night and am good to rake it and load again next morning at 5:30.

When it's 20 or below I stick a couple splits in it when I wake up around 2 or so at night, if you're my age you know what that's all about.

Great stove, only little problem was the air control lever, it's hard to move on some Oslo's, keep an eye on that, mine works fine now after a liberal sprinklin' of graphite powder.

Fire chief says its all good. I think I want to take a week of vacation to play with my new toy. Screw Summer, I can now make summer in my living room! Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.