Oslo F500 insulation blanket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullystull

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 7, 2008
WV Mountains
stovepartsplus.com lists two different insulation blankets on their parts lists for the oslo. One is #128903 and listed as insulation blanket ($4.40), the other is #129083 and is listed as the top insulation blanket ($30.80.

I am trying to price out a replacement for the blanket resting on top of the baffle. I am assuming that is the one labeled as the top. Is the other part for behind the side burn plates?

The only insulation blanket i know of in the oslo is the top baffle one. I have no idea what the $4.40 one is. The ball park price should be in the $30 range.

Sullystull,

How recent was your Oslo made? I know they've had some minor changes since introducing the model, but other than changing the baffle from cast iron to ceramic, I don't know the details of any other changes. Perhaps some vintages had the smaller side blankets and some did not, but I don't know.

If you look at the exploded diagram and parts list for the current generation, both available on Jotul's web site, it shows the large "insulation blanket top" above the baffle (part 71 on the diagram and list, with part number 129083) and smaller "insulation blanket" behind the side plates (one on the side door, and one on the opposite side, part 66 on the diagram and list, part number 128903). So this agrees with your hypothesis.

My stove was new in 2002. Do the newer models have side insulation blankets in addition to the top one? Just curious...

sullystull said:
My stove was new in 2002. Do the newer models have side insulation blankets in addition to the top one? Just curious...
According to the web site, the current ones have blankets on the side. I bought one last March, but it was made over a year ago. and I don't know if there are blankets on the sides or not. There's nothing obvious that I saw, but I wasn't trying to peek behind the side plates. I'll have to look.

My manual shows them in the part diagram--but with no part number.

sullystull said:
My manual shows them in the part diagram--but with no part number.
The parts diagram that I have use short 1 or 2 digit numbers to refer to the parts. The parts list is a separate table that gives the part name and full part number for each of the short diagram numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.