Oslo Grate Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkeks

Sep 19, 2010
Ohio
I removed as must weight as possible to move to install the Joslo Oslo into place, removing doors, grate, etc.. Wondering if the grate is installed correctly. Can that be put in upside down, i.e., is there a top/bottom/left/right on the grate? Didnt' pay attention enough when I took it out. Thanks.

the grate is crowned upwards in the stove

Thanks for the quick reply. Think it is in correctly. Was in the process of letting the fire go out to check it out....but my furnace keeps kicking on every 10 minutes, and it's COLD in the house ....I'll check it next spring. Seem to recall that there was a tab on one side or the other, but seemed at the time to not fit into any slots.

I can't say I remember any slots on the grates frame or the frame it fits in. I'm not even sure the ash can underneath would go in and out if the grate was upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.