oslo secondary burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxice24

Jan 15, 2010
rockland county ny
firefox
jotul oslo secondaries
im burning a well seasoned oak and white ash mix with the stove half way loaded
between 450 and 500 temp i notice only two rear secondary tubes doing their magic dance.
is this because i tend to place my wood center and back away from glass?
i never, ever see tube closest to glass working
getting great heat overall-just wondering if any of you all have experienced the same situation w/their oslo stove

maxice said:
jotul oslo secondaries
im burning a well seasoned oak and white ash mix with the stove half way loaded
between 450 and 500 temp i notice only two rear secondary tubes doing their magic dance.
is this because i tend to place my wood center and back away from glass?
i never, ever see tube closest to glass working
getting great heat overall-just wondering if any of you all have experienced the same situation w/their oslo stove
It does depend on wood placement. With no wood near the front, the back tubes are probably burning all the gases before the flow moves past the front tube. With a fuller firebox, I do see flames ignited by the air from all three tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.