Out Pellet Shopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
So I was out and about today, my second ton this year is getting down there. Not a lot of selection thus far, sure miss the softwood horse bedding from last year, now that stuff was hot! So we have Marth Pennywise, I'm working on the second ton now, average pellet to say the best. Menards has that at $197 a ton, except no one knows anything about anything pellet wise, and it is actually InDeck on the pallets. InDeck is ok too, but average, I really have hit and miss with these two, average at best, sometimes average ash and burn, sometimes tons of ash, even within the same pallet. Called Lowes, now they have a great price at $175 ton, but it is Pennington. Did that last year, and although they refunded my money and had great customer service, it took me a couple of weeks to dig through the ash mound and find my stove again. They were nice folks at Pennington, I did say I'd try them again, but man I'm gun shy! This issue may warrant a few bag purchase rather than a whole pallet. TSC has InDeck also, 5 miles from Menards, $230 ton, go figure. And then there's Fleet Farm, has the Marth Superior and Marth Softwood, $190 and $230 a ton respectfully, the softwood is on sale I guess, usually $250. Now I like true softwood, just smells good darn it! So fellow wood pellet whackos (stress fellow!), what to do? I have about 20 bags left in my stash, there's snow on the way, and I'm starting to get panicky!

if you have the space, stock up. I try to keep a year ahead. That way no head games with the oil prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.