Out with the old in with the new

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got it done, Hubby didn't want to wait a month and possibly some freezing weather for install so he did it, with some help from me. I'm pretty proud of his ingenuity and a little copying of the Egyptians :)

stove.jpg GetAttachment8.jpg GetAttachment9.jpg
GetAttachment12.jpg GetAttachment22.jpg GetAttachment16.jpg GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment6.jpg One question is the latch in door suppose to look like this? Hearthstone Mansfield.

GetAttachmentD.jpg

Attachments

• GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Dairyman
Very nice looking install. I can relate to the Egyptian thing, felt like I was building a pyramid or something when I installed my stove. I'm pretty sure they didn't have hydraulic jacks and furniture dollies though.

We moved a 40 ton steel sailboat around with just levers and rollers. It's a bit unnerving when it's towering 15 ft above you.

No. The new handle assembly is in the envelope with the owner's manual.
That is the inside of the door frame, it is confusing on the picture. The handle is in place but that is where it latches. I was expecting something more symmetrical. ?

bsruther true that! would have been nice if we had 2 jacks, but we made due. Wow begreen I thought the stove was unnerving!

Thanks for the comments!!

I am happy so far w/ the dealer we used Gokey & Markle, the screw that pivots the main air control valve broke and there coming out next week to tap it out and rethread a new one in place.
I know Woodstock has a great rep for customer service but I'm curious what they would have done it that situation as there aren't any dealers and the stove will probably need to be lifted to tap out old screw and rethread for a new one??

Status
Not open for further replies.