Outstanding Customer Service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jp3plante

Oct 25, 2007
Upstate New York
:) I would like to pass on an exciting experience I had with the Rockford Chimney Supply of South Lyon, MI. About three weeks ago, my son-in-law was cleaning my chimney to get ready for another dreaded winter (for me) when he noticed chimney flue damage. Upon looking inside the clean-out, we saw pieces of flue tile, but could see where they had fallen off. I decided that it was time for a new chimney liner, and started to look around locally for an 8" chimney liner kit. I found one locally but it was only 25' long and I needed 35'. The young man tells me that he would order a full kit and it would be just three to four days. Well, ten days later and after several calls, I was told that since the 35' kit was too big, it would have to be shipped truck freight and take an additional two weeks or so, and the price he had quoted me went up 25%.
I canceled the order as asked for my money back, (still waiting for my refund!)
The following Monday I searched the net and found "The Rockford Chimney Supply" in South Lyon, MI. I immediately called them and spoke with service rep. Bill. Bill took the time to answer my many questions in a very knowledgeable way and I immediately ordered a kit. Bill told me I would be receiving an e:mail to confirm shipment in a day or two. Well, to my surprise the following day when I came home I saw a large box at my door. To my amazement, it was the liner kit I had ordered from Rockford Chimney Supply, (I still did not have shipment confirmation). I was so impressed by the customer service experience and the way I was treated by the representatives Bill and Brad, I felt compelled to write this. In today's fast paced world, customer service has been left to the wayside as I see it, but Rockford Chimney Supply brought some of it back. Thank You Bill and Brad.

JPP

jpp said:
... I was so impressed by the customer service experience and the way I was treated by the representatives Bill and Brad, I felt compelled to write this. In today's fast paced world, customer service has been left to the wayside as I see it, but Rockford Chimney Supply brought some of it back. Thank You Bill and Brad.

JPP
jpp,
May I suggest you find out who their supervisor is and send a glowing letter letting them know how well they reflect on their company with a cc to both Bill and Brad?

If you think the company is big enough you might even suggest that a copy be placed in their personnel folder.

Just a thought.
~Cath

Cath

You are right and I will work on an e:mail right away. By the way, SHE is a HE! JP stands for Jean-Pierre, a good French MALE name, and you are right about the money issue. It seems unimportant at times when you get good service. By the way, the price was more than $250. cheaper than the local dealer.

jpp

Status
Not open for further replies.