Oval to round

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brian1971

Nov 19, 2017
Pa
Say I put an oval liner in my chimney, ( cause my chimney won't fit a 6 inch round insulated ) I have to convert to round at the top of the chimney for the cap , correct ? Also if I want to add some height to the chimney ( cause it's only 13' from fireplace floor to top of chimney and am looking at englander insert) using I think class a double wall or triple wall insulated ? I guess my question is how do I make all these transions, do I use rigid oval in the chimney up to the chimney top and a oval to round to hook to the stove, (flex) and how does it go to round at the top and what holds the weight of all this up ?