Overnight Burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This was last nights overnight load which is all three year old sugar maple, finally I got it to settle in at 675 stove top temp and woke up 7 hours later with plenty of coals.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2230.jpg
    100_2230.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 287
  • 100_2234.jpg
    100_2234.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_2237.jpg
    100_2237.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 300
  • 100_2238.jpg
    100_2238.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 100_2239.jpg
    100_2239.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 308
Nice pictures. Looks like a comforting fire.

bboulier said:
Nice pictures. Looks like a comforting fire.

bboulier the sugar maple and beech are the best wood we have for this year, had the basement temp at 80 which made the upstairs 72, comforting yes.

zap

nice far ya got thar. hopefully i will get a camera for christmas and learn how to use the darn thing. sure like this site and have found myself on it alot lately. i enjoy a lot of the posts by some of the regulars and especially their wit and humor. what state are you in???

looks great, I just wish sugar maple would grow that big in 3 years in my neck of the woods.

pen

Looks like you need to clean the glass. ;-P

rdust said:

Yes, I usually clean it every Sunday but skipped it plus we had one load n/s that was 16 inch splits which puts it real close to the glass,

zap

zapny said:
Yes, I usually clean it every Sunday but skipped it plus we had one load n/s that was 16 inch splits which puts it real close to the glass,

zap

I think it's been a month since I cleaned mine. It has that white haze almost over the whole thing. I keep thinking about cleaning it but find it easier to just load the stove. :)

yooperdave said:
nice far ya got thar. hopefully i will get a camera for christmas and learn how to use the darn thing. sure like this site and have found myself on it alot lately. i enjoy a lot of the posts by some of the regulars and especially their wit and humor. what state are you in???

Northern New York.

zap

pen said:
looks great, I just wish sugar maple would grow that big in 3 years in my neck of the woods.

pen

Pen, the three years is bucked and stacked. The tree that it came from was 30-40 years old, (just a guess)

zap

rdust said:

rdust the black you see on the glass is the end of the splits inside the wood stove. WNBTG

zap

I buy my wood, so it comes generally 16-18 ". If I could get some nice 12" splits, I would be loading N-S. My stove is like a locomotive when loaded N-S, I have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.