1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Overnight Temps...

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Shortstuff, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    Now that I've got my new pellet stove and looking forward to my first full winters use, I'm becoming a little more concious/aware of temperature drop inside the house compared to the outside temps. Almost 13 years ago we purchased this house which was built as a summer cottage in 1960. Since then, we've stripped every wall to the outside sheathing and installed 2x6's and now have R-19 in the walls. The house was originally 1100 sq.ft. of living space and we've added an addition (with garage underneath) and it is now 2150 sq.ft. (2x6 walls). All Anderson windows and doors, Tyvek wrap and new vinyl siding with a minimum of R-30 in the attic. There is still a lot of work to be done and about 50% of the house sits on a crawl space and I haven't insulated the floor yet.

Anyway, here are the times and temps (inside and outside) last night with no heat on:

8:00 p.m. inside - 73 / outside - 58
    midnight inside - 72 / outside - 53
    5:00 a.m. inside - 68 / outside - 45
    7:00 a.m. inside - 68 / outside - 48

I can only hope these numbers are worth all the work we've done, but do these numbers seem reasonable?

Steve

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MCPO

MCPO Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border

Pretty much mirrors mine up here in Pittsfield. My house was built for electric heat and is well insulated.
  3. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Close to mine too.
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

Got down to 47 last night here in SE New York...brrrrrrrr.

I wish that last piece of stove pipe would get here :down:
  5. woodsman23

woodsman23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    western southern tier of NYS
    Was 36 here last night, stove came on about 3am. it is to early for this cold stuff, what's next lake effect??
  6. kyburnr

kyburnr New Member

Loc:
    Kentucky
    Not made it down here yet, it just got dark out and it is 83 degrees now. Hot and Humid :coolgrin: and @ 90 today. some 60's sound pretty good right now :cheese:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.