Ozark Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
I know there has been some discussion on this in the past, but I wanted an up to date perspective on Ozark Pellets. These are also sold near me. Any thoughts on the quality ??

I had a chance to burn some. Heat was pretty good, But they are on the ashy side. Overall I would say not too bad. Price would have to be the kicker!

I concur with jtakeman. I paid $4.50 (US) / bag. I would buy them again if nothing else better was available. (Hint BTU... -- have pity on us poor mid-west folks - it gets cold here too...). :)

I'm probably going pick up those Marth Pellets at 169 a ton. Also found pro pellets at 199 a ton in Traverse City Mi. They have like 50 tons on hand.

NorthernQuad said:
I'm probably going pick up those Marth Pellets at 169 a ton. Also found pro pellets at 199 a ton in Traverse City Mi. They have like 50 tons on hand.

I would agree on the Marth(brown bagged hardwoods) as the first choice. Keep us posted on how they burn for you. I really like the $169/ton price tag too!

Status
Not open for further replies.