P 61a problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie

Jun 12, 2012
Stroudsburg Pa.
If I jump the two wires that go to vacuum switch the P61a stove will feed in the test mode. Don't jump and it will not feed. I put 2 switches on and neither one worked. I did however do the leaf blower trick, 5 seconds after I started the trick I realized the door was closed. Opened the stove door and finished the trick now it doesn.t feed. I know with the door closed you can loose the vacuum. Need a fix. Thanks.

take the hose off and blow it out, it may have collapsed when you did the blower trick and/or gotten some junk in it. make sure the flapper on the intake is still there, and swings freely. Positive the combustion blower is working correctly? make sure the combustion cover plate is on and latched. Do you have the orange "hopper muffler" in your hopper? Its about 1.5" tall, 1" around.

Got it going guys. The problem was the tab on the fines box was not in the slot . The tab was against the fines box instead. Thanks to all who helped with ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.