P43 Burn Pot Concerns

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kherr

Sep 25, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
My P43 has been a heating machine for several years. I noticed last spring some interesting changes in the burn pot. I think it might need replaced, but wanted your opinions. Pictures attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• P43-1.JPG
    P43-1.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 289
  • P43-2.JPG
    P43-2.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 263
looks a bit wharped in some spots..
i don't know.. if the holes are clear i would imagine it still works as should but others will chime in..

As Tony stated. May last for years or with the use of some good hot pellets just disintegrate. May want to find a new one to have on hand for when it may happen or just replace before the season starts and be happy with the many years it gave.

As Tony stated. May last for years or with the use of some good hot pellets just disintegrate. May want to find a new one to have on hand for when it may happen or just replace before the season starts and be happy with the many years it gave.
agree...
just when you have found the hottest pellets you ever burned, SNAP!!!!!! [maybe]
i would think about at least having one on hand if or when...
I have a spare ignitor and a new circuit board as backups but that's my personal breakdown fears...

Thanks everyone! I assume at some point it will implode. Is it a difficult job to replace the burn pot? Never done it. Best place to buy parts? I have been using Mountain View Hearth Products.

Thanks everyone! I assume at some point it will implode. Is it a difficult job to replace the burn pot? Never done it. Best place to buy parts? I have been using Mountain View Hearth Products.
never replaced a burnpot..
I do use the same web site as you have for parts..

I'm not sure about your P43 but I removed the burn pot on my Invincible a couple of years ago with no problems at all. Just the 4 nuts holding it on which loosened easily, had it off in a few minutes. I did have to use a new gasket when I put it back. Luckily I had a sheet of gasket material on hand so could easily cut one myself. BTW now that Brunner's is gone does anyone know a good place to get sheets of gasket material?