P43 fine box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Teddyb

Jul 3, 2019
Cincinnati
Okay probably dumb question, got corner install, I take bottom back cover off,it's a pain in butt to clean that out,can't really get vac up in there,it's there easier way or I missing something, thanks for the help.

Okay probably dumb question, got corner install, I take bottom back cover off,it's a pain in butt to clean that out,can't really get vac up in there,it's there easier way or I missing something, thanks for the help.

I made an adapter to allow a 5/8” vinyl tube to plug into the end of my shop vac and use that via “Braille” to suck out the fines. It gets easier the more times you do it.
Hugh

Yeah, same here, it's a Houdini act but you can do it.

Take the screws for the circuit boad loose fold board back a little to be able to see what you are doing

Reactions: SciGuy
I leave the back off of my stove, use a piece of hose,, cut at angle at one end, stick in my shop vac hose and use that for the fines box. And a mirror to look in there. Also use the hose for cleaning the area behind the burn pot cover.

The manufacturer of my ash vacuum sells an optional "tool" that consists of a rubber stopper the diameter of the vacuum hose. It has a hole drilled in the center, into which a length of clear plastic tubing has been inserted. It's low-tech, but it works well for those hard-to-reach spots that the end of the hose can't fit into.

Reactions: Ssyko and tbear853
I take the right side panel off, then reach up and loosen the wing nut. Once I take the cover off I just stick my finger in there and brush the stuff out on the floor and then vacuum it up there. Easy Peasy
Ron

Reactions: Ssyko
I also usually pull out the deflector , vac, and then reinstall, making sure it's in correctly with mirror.

Reactions: Ssyko