1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    I am not lying.

Eric

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    Man, this took on a life of its own....I have cleaned both of the Harman's that I own utilizing the "test" function. The sole purpose is for the combustion fan to run to create the aforementioned neg pressure in the firebox.
  3. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    You got that right!
  4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Burning Hunk

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Harman Lover 007 said:
    Man, this took on a life of its own....​
    You got that right!

+! Wow..I thought i asked a simple question that was answered with the first post. Who knew???​
  5. Melissa220

Melissa220 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    central ME
    welcome to the forums! :)
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

No, Mel, they are brand, spanking new! I reviewed them awhile ago, found them to be very informative, and only missing minor info, such as inspecting the flame guide and making sure the distribution fan is clear of dust and animal fur. The DVD is set up so you can pick each stove (since they are different), and watch the different section. Definitely a huge step in the right direction, but, sadly, some folks wont read the manual OR watch the DVD...
  7. Melissa220

Loc:
    central ME
    Well, I've definitely read the manual. And I keep referring to it. may check out the link to cleaning the fines box as I have no idea where that is.
  8. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    Facing the stove, it is in the right side rear. Square cover with a shiny wingnut. You probably will have to remove the side shield to get at it.
  9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

easiest way in ive found is to remove the control panel....2 screws, unplug everything, and you can reach right in! (unplug the stove first!)
  10. Melissa220

Loc:
    central ME
    Ay-yi-yi. Can I get through 1 season with the stove in one piece before i screw it up?? <>
  11. Harman Lover 007

Loc:
    Melissa, With all due respect to Lousyweather, I feel that you are better off taking off the side shield. It's only a couple of screws and yes, it can wait until the end of the season. It's not that intimidating, really. You've been a quick study here...you'll be fine.