P43 up and running-----updated with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
install completed....fired it up and couldn't be happier!!!!! got a little bit of a camp fire smell comin from the back of the stove so I put a light on the flue collar pipe and could see a little haziy smoke(not alot). siliconed all the seems 2x, maybe needs a little more.....but all in all glad i made the move.

hemi,

Please keep us posted and I hope your happy with the new toy. I am sure the crew is going to give some stuff about not posting a photo. You know what they say? No pics=Didn't really happen. :)

How's it burning the Lignetics?

jay

good to hear you're happier now with the new stove hemi, now come on, we want the pics....:)

burns the lignetics great.....gonna go back to BT and get spruce points again.....if i don't start the wood floors today i'll post the pics later

I was actually wondering how the spruce points burns since it is true softwood i think.

BTW - how quiet is the P43 in terms of noise, can you compare?

geek said:
I was actually wondering how the spruce points burns since it is true softwood i think.

BTW - how quiet is the P43 in terms of noise, can you compare?
super quiet....I don't hear the motors running like i did the other stove....your helicopter description just about explains it for me as well.

thanks hemi......lol

Jesus said:
& theres harman warranty complaints popping=why do i thinx u have a ve$ted interest,eh?
don't all of us here have vested interests?.......boy aren't you master of the obvious

Hagic Meat said:
HEMI_1500 said:
Jesus said:
& theres harman warranty complaints popping=why do i thinx u have a ve$ted interest,eh?
don't all of us here have vested interests?.......boy aren't you master of the obvious
so how much for the 25pdvc?

Hey Pook, Yours ought to be just about shot after burning kerosene , wood , and coal in it?

Hagic Meat said:
Gio said:
Hagic Meat said:
HEMI_1500 said:
Jesus said:
so how much for the 25pdvc?

Hey Pook, Yours ought to be just about shot after burning kerosene , wood , and coal in it?
WRONG!= JUST BURNED 3 PAPERBACKS in it be4 i figured out it was a room cooler when idled so i disconnected the oak,plugged the air intake, & covered it with a blanket until further notice

"covered it with a blanket until further notice"

That's one way to keep it warm. I prefer filling with pellets and running it the old fashion way. Keeps my stove warm and the house TOO! :lol:

stay warm
jay

PS Hemi, Still waiting for them photo's! :)

here you go

Attachments

• stove3 (Custom).jpg
    stove3 (Custom).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 518
  • stove1 (Custom).jpg
    stove1 (Custom).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 511
  • stove2 (Custom).jpg
    stove2 (Custom).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 476
Nice job Hemi, stove looks great with the tile. Enjoy it!!

very nice setup hemi, i'm sure you're enjoying the new toy...

hemi, do you have the OAK installed and is that a basement instal?

geek said:
hemi, do you have the OAK installed and is that a basement instal?
I do have the OAK, and its installed in the addition i put on that is wide open to the rest of the house

jtakeman said:
Very nice hemi. looks warm and cozy.

Look's like its burning SWEET to!
yeah it is, i do have to take back the negative things i had on lignetics because its complete opposite now.....must be what a stove likes i guess

HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

yeah it is, i do have to take back the negative things i had on lignetics because its complete opposite now.....must be what a stove likes i guess

I am still hearing more ash than usual, But the heat is still very good. I traded a few bags of my pellets for a few bags of my friends. I might try them after I finish the samples I am doing for the forum. The 2 bags I got are from his 1st ton. He traded the other 3 back to the dealer and got 3 tons of Turmans. The Turmans burn much cleaner with about the same heat. Maybe just a tad more. Turmans are a lt like Cubex. All Oak. I have 65 bags stashed for the cold days.

Now you can try some of the softwoods to see if the stove likes them too!

jay

hemi, also peeps here say that the harman unit burns pretty much every type of pellets, it is not so picky and it will perform well regardless of the brand of the pellet, i wonder if you can also try a bag of Fireside Ultra from HD or any of the other brands they carry, I bet it'll be just fine.

Looking at that p43 in action looks like a solid performer to me, good luck.

geek said:
hemi, also peeps here say that the harman unit burns pretty much every type of pellets, it is not so picky and it will perform well regardless of the brand of the pellet, i wonder if you can also try a bag of Fireside Ultra from HD or any of the other brands they carry, I bet it'll be just fine.

They will burn just about anything you can put in them, heat output will vary from brand to brand, lesser quality pellets will create more cleaning of the stove though. Never had the stove not work because of the pellets though.

jtakeman said:
HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

I am still hearing more ash than usual, But the heat is still very good. I traded a few bags of my pellets for a few bags of my friends. I might try them after I finish the samples I am doing for the forum. The 2 bags I got are from his 1st ton. He traded the other 3 back to the dealer and got 3 tons of Turmans. The Turmans burn much cleaner with about the same heat. Maybe just a tad more. Turmans are a lt like Cubex. All Oak. I have 65 bags stashed for the cold days.

jay
hey jay where is your friend getting the turmans?....only place i saw them was ct pellet and they were 300/ton back in august....spruce points are already on deck

geek said:

you read my mind geek.....going down to HD tonight to get a bag

HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:
HEMI_1500 said:
jtakeman said:

jay
hey jay where is your friend getting the turmans?....only place i saw them was ct pellet and they were 300/ton back in august....spruce points are already on deck

Not sure, He's from New Jersey. He was up in CT visiting his mom, So we swapped then. There is a place in Enfield that has them. CJ's pellets. He also carries Okanagan's

I got mine from CTpellet. Last spring before he jacked up his prices. I kind a stole them. $260.00/ton

That stove looks really sharp with the slate colors.
Enjoy your new stove!

Beautiful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.