P61-2 Approximate age

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

void791

Sep 6, 2018
K/W Ontario
Hey guys.

I have an older P61-2 non auto ignite Harman. No date of manufacture on the stove. Phoned Harman and they cannot determine the age of the stove from the serial #. Just trying to determine an approx age.

Does anyone here know when the P61-2 started and or stopped selling?

My serial is 019340 anyone with a similar number have a purchase date on their P61-2?

Thanks all

Top left on the plaque with the serial number...if you go down a few inches you'll see the test date, I beleive its the mfg date as well.

Holy cr*p. I don't know how I missed that. Apparently test date is 1998. This thing is quite a bit older than I thought. I am guessing at this point lots of things have been replaced already.

Same year as mine, I found mine last fall...cleaned it up and painted it, works great!