P61a Clunk

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I clean my fines box about once a year. Not much in it. Wonder how fines migrate there. Would l large amount of fines indicate a problem other than crummy pellets?
Pretty much pellet related. We seem to get dusty pellets here and accumulate a lot of fines and pieces of pellets in the fines box. Recently I cleaned it. Within a month I needed to pull the ESP for cleaning and while there opened up the box again. It was nearly full. Right now the pellets I have are not particularly dusty though but I also have not cleaned the hopper in some time, nor run it low enough to get to the dust in the hopper for that matter. So it either runs through and burns up or lands in the fines box. Other times I've opened it up and it was nearly empty after a month of burning. I can almost always count on a few pellets being in there though but this last time was almost all very fine dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.