P61A Combustion Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

Sep 17, 2010
N. Wis
I am using my new P61A with a OAK and it seems to quite the pellet user, my last stove was a St Croix Afton Bay but it stayed when we sold our last house so this time we opted to try something different, they though in 2 pallets of Rib Mountain Bio pellets (lot of fines) and that does't help compairing the stoves either, but it seems to me the combustion fan is blowing too hard when the heat is turned down ( stove temp on 2, pellet feed on 3) so the pellets seem burn back into the auger. would the low voltage draft adjustment make any difference to this? I will be going to the dealer this weekend to compare thier P61 burning to mine.

the low voltage adjustment could make a difference, but without knowing the draft of the system its very difficult to properly "know" when you have it all just right. I'd say turning the feed adjuster (if you dont already have it there) to 4ish.

The Harman Tech told us to run the feed on 4 (Good for most pellets) and
the combustion speed adj at mid-range. There does not seem to be much of
an adjustment for the fan speed. He said if you run it too high it will want to
cool the burn pot down. This, i guess, would lower the efficiency.
Ours is turned all the way down and the stove works great.
We are running in room temp mode which Harman Tech stated is most efficient.
We have an OAK with very minimal exhaust pipe length.
Hope this helps! Man, I get carried away sometimes.........

Status
Not open for further replies.