1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

p61a Distribution Blower Replacement

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mccabedoug, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mccabedoug

mccabedoug Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    I have a 4 year old Harman p61a and towards the end of last season the distribution motor was making quite a racket - basically squealed. Just curious, how hard is it to replace the blower? I'm no stove reair person but I am pretty handy (at least I think I am).

Replacement blower found here.

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. GrahamInVa

GrahamInVa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern, Virginia
    I've never replaced one but I just finished going through a new to me 6 year old P61A. The room air blower is really easy to get to. It's behind the RH (facing stove) rear access panel. Right below the "fines" clean out.

Actually.. EVERYTHING on the P61 looked easy to replace and clean.... One thing nice about a Harman I guess.
  3. GrahamInVa

Loc:
    Eastern, Virginia
  4. mccabedoug

mccabedoug Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Wow, that's a great price - and it is in stock at a store near me, too. What about replacing the exhaust blower motor. All last year that motor has also been making a ticking noise indicating a bad bearing. I'm almost 100% positive it's not a fan blade making the noise, but a bearing. Any suggestions for a cheaper version of that motor?
  5. GrahamInVa

Loc:
    Eastern, Virginia
    The combustion motor is a little more specific to harman pellet stoves.

$100 w/ shipping - http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Harman_Exhaust_Combustion_Blower_Motor_p/pp7613.htm
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

7. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    mccabedoug-did you find out how difficult is is to remove? I am planning on cleaning mine sometime soon and I think I remember seeing a shield or something above the distribution blower that made it difficult to remove.
  8. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

yep, small shield over it , but no reason to take the shield off.....theres two bolts which hold the blower to the stove body- use a 8" socket extension, remove them, clean, and you should be good!
  9. mccabedoug

mccabedoug Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    No, I haven't yet. I'll likely have at it in a week or two. I'll post back and let you know.
  10. mccabedoug

mccabedoug Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Sorry it took so long to respond but I finally got around to doing the replacement this weekend. Not that hard at all. Works like a champ.