P68 3 blink status light/not running.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinMd

Hearth Supporter
Sep 9, 2010
Middletown, Md.
Hello,

P68 went into like a maintenance burn sometime yesterday. Got a 3 blink status light. It's only been about a half ton since my total cleaning. Stove is about 5 years old. Had to replace the ignighter and board this fall. Burnt 7 ton this winter so far.

Gave it a good cleaning and check over tonight. Didn't help. Ignighter and wires look ok. When you plug the stove in, both the fans start and run on high. Nothing changed when you turn the stove on. About every two minutes the feed motor cycles for about 20 seconds, this is all with the stove on or off. I'm at a loss here.

Thanks in advance, Phil

Total cleaning as in from door to the termination cap of the venting? 3 blink is ESP out of range to many times in a period, could be a bad or damaged ESP or dirty venting not allowing a good flow of heated gases out of stove.

Yes, cleaned everything including the vent, esp. Plenty of airflow. It's the original red wire esp. Probably had 35-40 ton through this stove so far. I'm very religious when it comes to cleaning.

Sounds like the ESP went south

Haven't seen anybody post a red one.

Hello,

P68 went into like a maintenance burn sometime yesterday. Got a 3 blink status light. It's only been about a half ton since my total cleaning. Stove is about 5 years old. Had to replace the ignighter and board this fall. Burnt 7 ton this winter so far.

Gave it a good cleaning and check over tonight. Didn't help. Ignighter and wires look ok. When you plug the stove in, both the fans start and run on high. Nothing changed when you turn the stove on. About every two minutes the feed motor cycles for about 20 seconds, this is all with the stove on or off. I'm at a loss here.

Thanks in advance, Phil
I agree with the moderator " ESP " and they are relatively inexpensive

Picking up a replacement ESP shortly. Fingers crossed they have it and it fixes the thing. The meter on the outside of my house looked like it was about to fly apart this morning!

Picking up a replacement ESP shortly. Fingers crossed they have it and it fixes the thing. The meter on the outside of my house looked like it was about to fly apart this morning!
The probes are a typical in stock item for a dealer and relatively cheap , not much does go wrong on these Harmans .

About $70 for the black lead and if told right $50 for the red lead ESP.

Have you got a good surge suppressor or a UPS on the stove to prevent another board failure?

Yes, but the board failure happened when the ignighter shorted, fuse didn't pop as soon as it should have, burnt a section of flighting on the board.

Don 2222 suggested to put a fuse inline of the igniter to save the board. Pretty cheap and easy to do. Should be under $4

Reactions: dradam1
Status
Not open for further replies.