P68 Auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stebb

Nov 30, 2013
Castle Creek, N.Y.
Hi, Went to fire up the stove for the first time this season. Plugged it in and power light comes on. Put it in test mode and both blowers and lights came on, but no auger or light. Test runs for a minute, but combustion blower keeps going. Have to unplug it to stop blower. If I turn from off to stove temp setting, combustion blower comes on, but no auger or auger light. Turn back to off and blower continues to run. have to unplug to stop. Stove ,venting, feeder body all cleaned. Board or auger motor problem?

when the cleaning was done, was the ESP in the exhaust removed and cleaned? Was the stove left plugged in during the off season?

Reactions: Harmanizer
Sounds to me it's an ESP probe issue. I normally remove mine and wipe with a damp paper towel. Sounds like the ESP is sending a false signal back to the control board. How old is the ESP probe?

Reactions: Harmanizer