P68 burn pot vent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkDon

Feb 22, 2015
NE pennsylvania
Hello folks. Another question. On a previous post I asked about why I'm getting carbon/ creosote build up on my flame guide and burn pot on my P68. Someone suggested cleaning the little vents down at the bottom edge of the flame guide. I never did this before and they aren't mentioned in the owners manual. (Big surprise!) I tried cleanin them by by sliding a zip tie down in then and got it in about 4" deep. Is this the best method and what are these vents for? Thanks, Mark

Hello folks. Another question. On a previous post I asked about why I'm getting carbon/ creosote build up on my flame guide and burn pot on my P68. Someone suggested cleaning the little vents down at the bottom edge of the flame guide. I never did this before and they aren't mentioned in the owners manual. (Big surprise!) I tried cleanin them by by sliding a zip tie down in then and got it in about 4" deep. Is this the best method and what are these vents for? Thanks, Mark

WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT CLEANING THOSE CARBON BUILD UP IS NATURAL WHEN BURNING PELLETS,AND THOSE VENTS ARE CALLED OVER FIRE AIR

Status
Not open for further replies.