P68 Troubleshoot Lights - where to start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve NH

Hearth Supporter
Jun 17, 2008
SW NH
Can anyone get me started in the right direction.

Lights are..
Power on
Status on

Dist Blower off
Comb Blower on
Auger off
Igniter off

unpluged and let everything reset.

This is regardless of Manual or auto mode.
Been working fine all winter, then one day it stopped feeding,

Any help much appreciated

If vacuum switch is not closing because of say plugged venting or exhaust channel or vacuum switch tube plugged, no further action by the stove till vacuum is established. How old of stove and how many tons burnt this season and last cleanings? If those items are good then on to door gaskets or possible bad switch but that is pretty rare.

Does the auger turn in Test Mode?

Stove has gone thru 4 seasons, Complete cleaning late summer, new door gasket.
Auger does not turn in test mode.

Cleaned off the hopper gasket and around the Vacuum sensor, looks like that may be it. Working now...
I do have to apply a wee bit of pressure on the hopper lid, probably need to replace that gasket.
This should get me thru the season, will replace gasket at next cleaning

Thanks for the help.. much appreciated

Make sure the latch is not loose on the hopper lid. I was gone for a couple days and my wife called and said the P68 won't run. Got home and there were a few small pellets in the back rail preventing it from sealing all the way. This is designed so you do not get a hopper fire.

Didn't want to troubleshoot over the phone as my wife doesn't have the patience for it and I wanted to stay married. She likes the stove and the heat but could care less on how it operates and works.

On the flip side she is a nurse and I could care less about medical gadgets. :)

I would replace the ash bin door gasket too. It gets dirty and hard faster than the main door.
Good to hear your back to heating even though the season is near its end.

Status
Not open for further replies.