PA Pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
Just as I was about to head out and get my ton of barefoots at $250, I heard a commercial for the grocery store one town over. They are having a pellet sale. PA pellets $199 a ton Don't know much about PA pellets. What do you guys think?

dhungy said:
Just as I was about to head out and get my ton of barefoots at $250, I heard a commercial for the grocery store one town over. They are having a pellet sale. PA pellets $199 a ton Don't know much about PA pellets. What do you guys think?

Don't even think about it, you'll regret buying them.

Even at $199, they're not worth it. Low heat and the dirtiest pellet I've ever used.

Stick with the Barefoots.

I agree with CygnusX1, I would stick with the Barefoots too.
They are a high quality pellet.

Tried some last season at $199/ton. Below average heat and the dirtiest pellets I have ever burned. Plus many where up to 3 inches long and bridged the hopper on a regular basis. I think they are utility grade pellets posing as premium! LOL

Thanks for saving me guys! I just came off of a ton of Freedom Fuel pellets which were the worst I have burned yet. The ash was Unbelievable! Made it to the coal shop as he closed up gave me 5 bags to tie me over till he could get to his pallets of pellets. 1 ton of barefoot tomorrow unless of course it nows as bad as its supposed!

This is definitely the place to ask about pellets.
If you had any idea how many times people in here saved me from buying bad pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.