Pacific Energy Fusion New Install - Mini Review, Some Pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice stove! I sure wish they offered it in a shorter model so I could install one in my fireplace.

Semipro said:
Nice stove! I sure wish they offered it in a shorter model so I could install one in my fireplace.

Take the pedestal off.

Of course as great looking as I think that stove is, I think it would look like crap inside a brick fireplace.

BrotherBart said:
Semipro said:

Take the pedestal off.

Of course as great looking as I think that stove is, I think it would look like crap inside a brick fireplace.

Its a stone fireplace but your opinion would probably be the same.

I considered removing the pedestal but some text (below) in the owner's manual WRT OAK installation leads me to believe the pedestal is somehow integral to stove function. Its hard to tell from the parts diagram whether the pedastal could easily be removed.

"Room air supply - Remove the 4" plug from the rear of the pedestal enclosure. The stove will now draw its air from the room through this opening and into the firebox intake."

I played around a bit to see what the stove might look like inside my fireplace. Doesn't look that bad to me but no one has ever accused me of having particularly good taste either.

Attachments

• IMG_1242 (Medium) fusion.JPG
    IMG_1242 (Medium) fusion.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 370
I really have no business commenting on how any stove looks. Lots of people think my main stove is ugly but we love the look of it.

No interior decorator at this address,,but the neighbor says,,it comes fairly close to the grout color,,if you wanted a more subtle pop, you might lighten the interior of the fireplace, add some silver pieces to the mantle, and color the picture frame pewter. I bet it has a different look at night with the overhead off. Does the stainless kinda reflect ambient light from the fire at night?

Just wanted to say I appreciate the pics of your Fusion. I think they they represent the stove better than the PE web site. This is a 180 from cosmetics we like (we now have a Hearthstone Homestead), but given the renovation we are doing, and the new appliances, the Fusion will fit in well I think.

Don't know if you are still around the board, but if you see this, might you post a pic of the inside of the firebox? I'm curious what 2 cubic feet looks like, being able to load logs straight into the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.