Pacific Energy Super 27 Flame Shield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideit

Oct 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Hi, I'm a wood stove noob...anyways I took my baffle out to clean the chimney and stove. The flame shield was very warped and no longer had the bolt in it. So I purchased a new one, now when I put it in, is the shield supposed to cover the chimney opening, or so it mounts behind the opening? Thanks

I don't think it should cover the opening for the flue. I hope not anyway, becuase when I re-installed mine I put it the other way. Judging by the parts diagram, it would suggest that it does not cover the flue opening. The bolt hole is oriented at the "back" of the plate, closest to the back of the stove. Hopefully someone can give a definite answer.

In the Summit, the shield only goes in one way, bolted through the tab that is mounted at the stove outlet. Id does not "cover" the outlet, but does protrude into it maybe a 1/2" or so, is that. Therre is only one way to install in the Summit. The front part rests in the opening in the front of the stove over the air wash.
I imagine the 27 is the same set up.

Reactions: 10-cc
Status
Not open for further replies.