Pacific Energy T6 with new Stone Hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME install Love it!!!

First burn of the 2nd yr, I know I am late, but the room was being repainted...

Plus first burn with the new "Hog" gasket in place

Attachments

• PB060003.jpg
    PB060003.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,371
  • PB060010.jpg
    PB060010.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,401
Reactions: raybonz
What's a hog gasket?

basswidow said:
What's a hog gasket?

Member "Hogwildz" makes his own manifold gaskets for his Summit insert.

Thanks. The single piece of hearthstone is ny state bluestone. there are many color variations within different regions of the state. The mason did a great job cutting and shaping the single piece to my specs. He actually wanted to bring in a single piece 6"-8" thick, but we requested the 2-3" piece on top of a course of wall materiel. The walls are a mix of "two different types of granite" (per mason) and dolamitic limestone. The mason picked out the piece of bluestone when he was cutting shaping the wall material, he had an excellent "artistic" eye for matching colors.

We had a two hearths constructed at a previous home where we used bluestone for the hearth, one piece of Helderberg Bluestone that was dark gray black sorta what I remember the color of our grade school chalk boards. And another from a different region of the state that was more gray/green. So if you are considering it, make sure the wife takes a look at it before hand as the colors can be quite different!
Saw your link from a post to a newbie. I too just installed a bluestone hearth and wonder how to seal it. i don't want it to darken or make it shiny. there are supposedly matte sealers out there. wondering if you sealed it or now and how it has been working out for you

Status
Not open for further replies.