Pacific Energy T6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were in 2006-7. The welder responsible is no longer with the company.

We cut the 1x4s with a circular saw and removed the top of the pallet exposing the stove. Seemed faster (and safer) than trying to pry or knock them apart with a hammer. The pallet has a few 2x6s that hold it. You can't knock them in far enough to slide the stove off the pallet, because they will hit the ash pan. So what we did was use the sawzall (carefully) to cut them out from the bottom. I used a blade to cut the nails then knock them out of the way. Then you should be able to slide the stove off the pallet a bit at a time. We could lift one side and slide out a 2x6, then the other. Just plan on a little while, some patience, and be careful. Without a sawzall or circ saw, it'll still all come apart fine just a bit more time. We kept the pallet to season firewood on.

moosetrek said:
We cut the 1x4s with a circular saw and removed the top of the pallet exposing the stove. Seemed faster (and safer) than trying to pry or knock them apart with a hammer. The pallet has a few 2x6s that hold it. You can't knock them in far enough to slide the stove off the pallet, because they will hit the ash pan. So what we did was use the sawzall (carefully) to cut them out from the bottom. I used a blade to cut the nails then knock them out of the way. Then you should be able to slide the stove off the pallet a bit at a time. We could lift one side and slide out a 2x6, then the other. Just plan on a little while, some patience, and be careful. Without a sawzall or circ saw, it'll still all come apart fine just a bit more time. We kept the pallet to season firewood on.

Thanks moosetrek, that sounds good. Wendall - So that should not affect my then. Where were the bad welds?

Status
Not open for further replies.