Pacific energy vs napoleon insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime1434

Feb 9, 2014
Pittsford, VT
Short and sweet... I'm debating a Napoleon 1402 or a Pacific Energy Super insert. Looking for some insight on the two before my decision is made! Heating a 1300 sqft, 2 story. Would like to be my main heat supply!!

Both are good heaters, PE is usually regarded as the higher quality Mfr on this forum. The super is a very popular heater as well. Good luck.

Reactions: sublime1434
Don't think its too much in VT.. or CT....

Idk, better to go bigger, if ambiance doesn't matter, which has more power to heat may be your most important answer....

Either one is a good heater. Just do what nobody ever does. Before you hand them the check go over with the dealer who handles any warranty issues, including shipping if required in the warranty period. Parts or the whole stove.

The biggest difference number wise between the 2 are the firebox size is .15 cubic ft larger on the napoleon... Which is minute.
The blowers though is a huge difference. Napoleon has dual 200cfm fans vs Pacifics dual 80cfm. Opinions??

Size wise they are virtually identical. Compare noise of the fans. Also, which is easiest to clean the flue?

PEs are super simple - one pin and pull the baffle. Not sure what's up with the Nap.

Both are Canadan, which is obviously quite undesirable, so. . .

To make the right decision, listen to Bigg_Redd and then buy the other one.

Nothing wrong with buying a Canadian stove.

So are you defending Washington State? Lopi Boy?

As much fun as this is, let's get back to helping the poster.

WA = America

Why do you hate America, BB? Or should I say ComradeBart?
Why not tell the OP about your Canadian stove and how well it works for you?

Reactions: jeff_t
Why not tell the OP about your Canadian stove and how well it works for you?

My Canadan stove (PE Spectrum Classic) is out standing: plenty of heat, easy to operate, not super picky about wood, super durable baffle. . . but it's still Canadan.

We have a Napoleon 1450 stove and it's basically the same firebox as the 1402. In our real world experience it was a little too small to get the house really toasty (it's in the basement of out 1800 sqft bungalow. If it were me, I'd be looking for a bigger insert with a larger firebox. As has been said many time, you can always build a small fire in a big box...

We took that to heart and put a Regency i3100 in out living room and it heats the house easily and has longer "time to reload required" because of the size. If you can, look for the biggest firebox you can fit in your space.

As for buying Canadian - hell yeah! I am Canadian and both our wood burners are from Canada.

My Canadan stove (PE Spectrum Classic) is out standing: plenty of heat, easy to operate, not super picky about wood, super durable baffle. . . but it's still Canadan.

So that must mean it looks really good, is made well and performs when you want it to???

Not the last time I checked- Enviro is made in that area too (the birthplace of cleanburn technology, the great Pacific Northwest) but its still Canadian. Knowing both stoves pretty well, the Napoleon down the road will probably tire more quickly than the PE. BTW Napoleon's baffle is ceramic, while PE has patented sec burn ss baffle/blanklet system. No one is knocking America, its just the world's best stoves (cast iron) are Jotuls ha. Nothing wrong with Napoleon or PE, buy what you like and can afford.

Short and sweet... I'm debating a Napoleon 1402 or a Pacific Energy Super insert. Looking for some insight on the two before my decision is made! Heating a 1300 sqft, 2 story. Would like to be my main heat supply!!

I have a 1402, purchased it in Nov. 2013. Not real happy with it, small fire box, moody fan which goes on and off even when stove is hot. I live on a river with windy conditions and hard to control draft, turns into a incinerator. I have to reload within 4 hrs. I do not think it can be your main source of heat with a 2 story home. I am retired so I can feed it when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.