Packed-And-Ready

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptoneleg

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2010
Virginia
Sometimes we get alot of rain this time of year so i'v been packing woodshed before they come, have about 4 cords in there now which will do me this winter. Next dry spell will put another cord on front and back porches next .

Never regret the time and$ to build this, Plan on afew improvements is why I don't pack it full. Like a 12" to 18" peak off the front to keep out blowing rain and snow. SDC10500.JPGSDC10501.JPG

I like the two different doors, is there a divide in the middle? this years wood on one side next years on the other? or is it sorted by type of wood?

Nice shed.
If you have enough in there to get thru the winter, you are in good shape.
Will be nice to keep it dry, your burn season is coming, I'm burning here. :)

Reactions: cptoneleg
The picture on the left is when I was stacking the wood in there on a sunny day , 2 days ago. The one on right is today we have had 2 in so far today.

No dividing wall but I do run a row from back to front in the middle to sort of seperate the two. Then stack left and right. And I will start on the right door this yr. thats where the left over from last yr. wood is.

Reactions: ScotO
Looks good Capt! That's on my agenda, hopefully next year. I need a shed, at least for one years' worth.

Reactions: cptoneleg
Captain you sure were right about the rain. I think we got a little over 4 inches here!

Status
Not open for further replies.