Paint Combustion Box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chas

Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2008
ma
My Castle pellet stove has what looks like minor rust spots on the back wall of the combustion box near the pellet drop shoot can anyone help me decide how to properly prepare and repaint it. What type of paint could I use to spray the combustion box

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can use some stovebright black metallic paint if you want to match the manufactures paint code. There paint code is #6309. Expect a little burn off when you fire it up and the paint cures.

Personally I would wire brush the rusty spots and I would use a brush on paint. If all you can get is spray. Take spray can outside and spray it into a small clean can. Then you can brush the spots. Less fumes in the house!

Unless you can remove the said component outside for the spraying.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.