paint peeling off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can certainly try..keep us posted on what they say. But my feeling is that they won't do it.

For example, a friend of mine had a pain issue on the trunk of his car. It was covered under warranty but they didn't repaint the entire thing, they just painted the defective area.

Andrew

Marks on a painted stove isn't a big deal. Sometimes paint doesn't adhere correctly, the stove body might have some oil or grease on it making paint not adhere. Not a big deal to touch up. I've went out and touched up spots for customers, painted black or enamel finishes, Osburn isn't known here to be troublesome with their paint, we've only sold the stoves for 3 years, but the 2400 is one of our big basement heaters, nice heater.

I season my stoves like my cast iron skillets, I use bacon grease. It smokes up the house something terrible but once on it stays. JMHO

I season my stoves like my cast iron skillets, I use bacon grease. It smokes up the house something terrible but once on it stays. JMHO
So you cover it with cooking oil and heat it to have the oil absorb into the surface?

Yeah, Jotul probably wouldn't go for that- but he's right on with Lodge cast iron cookware.

Status
Not open for further replies.