Pallet shed !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for comparison sake...

IMAG0102.jpg

And to note, I can do some pretty nice work when I want to...

IMAG0099.jpg

Ipe deck. Drilled screwed and plugged [178 times] as well as biscuit joined 'screwless' installation. Sanding it twice was the hard part really. Installed a hot tub and needed a nice deck to get to it. Inside the sliding door is getting a nice hardwood floor so i wanted outside to look as good...thanks.

CTwoodburner said:
And to note, I can do some pretty nice work when I want to...

IMAG0099.jpg

that sure is an upgrade from your previous wood shed.

I drew up some plans and Im going to attempt to build a shed similar to Petes, its probably going to end up looking more like pallet island than Petes but we'll see.

a winner for sure, very nice!

I really am going to put up more pictures for ya lol its just dark by the time I am home. I will have to take them this friday! sorry guys !!!
Pete

weatherguy
Just a heads up if you paint it do the painting before the assembly. I would have saved so much time but who thinks paint first.
Pete

Pete1983 said:
weatherguy
Just a heads up if you paint it do the painting before the assembly. I would have saved so much time but who thinks paint first.
Pete

Good idea, thanks, I want to paint my brown so its blends in, I dont want it to stand out and draw attention.

weatherguy
There is a paint at Home Depot called Barn & Fence it comes in brown, red and white where I am at. If you can find it that stuff is absolutely the thickest strongest outdoor paint I have found. My father painted his swing 15 years ago with it and it still holds strong today I used it on my wood shed and wow it dries hard. It may be called Porch and Rail as well at least it looks the same.

Good luck
Pete

CTwoodburner said:
Just for comparison sake...

IMAG0102.jpg

That's the one . . . but darn it . . . I still like this for some odd reason.

I am not sure why but that picture makes me think of an old man in a straw hat striking oil lol

I like the cover you have on pallet island, what size is the canopy and where did you get it? You could leave the area open all spring and summer and just put the cover on in late fall and get a little more seasoning.

Here are more pics for Ya. it is kinda hard to see the inside because it is full sorry for that. There are hurricane straps on the inside of the rack to hold down the roof, the sides have cross braces to keep it from moving in the wind. The shelter is steady as a rock and won't budge in high winds when empty. the light spots in the side shot are sun light bouncing off. Thanks for all the compliments guys ! :) I hope this helps you guys with your sheds, and just think it could be a redneck gazebo in the summer :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20111209_161331.jpg
    IMG_20111209_161331.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_20111209_161339.jpg
    IMG_20111209_161339.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_20111209_161400.jpg
    IMG_20111209_161400.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_20111209_161412.jpg
    IMG_20111209_161412.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 375
great looking shed!!

Nice job, thanks for the pics, Im hoping to attempt mine this weekend if my brother has the time to help me out.

That's the best $100.00 shed I have ever seen! Now you've a new stove coming life is good!

Ray

Thanks Guys she's a cadillac of blood sweat and well no tears lol.
Weatherguy I would Love to see yours when your done !

Thanks Ray for the compliment and I am gonna climb in the stove and get warm while watching tv through the glass haha. No heat sucks man Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :exclaim:

Well Pete, when you are young and have a good partner.....

Well, I had my brothers help, took us most of the day to move things around and get the base done. I leveled the area, its a slight slope and put down stone, then we layed the pallets down and levelled them. At least now I can do most of the work alone and chip away at it. I needed to do this to make room for the 3 cords of rounds I have to split, Im going to make a pallet rack that should hold 3 cords. Once this is done Ill have storage for 12 cords (3 years) and plenty of room to dump/process more wood.
Ill take pics when its light out to show my progress, if it comes out decent Im might even post them :p

If you built something that nice out of scrap around here the county tax appraiser would label it a 2 car garage on a concrete foundation then just tell you to try and prove it's not. :mad:

weatherguy I hope you post them we would all love to see em I am sure. It sounds like it will be sweet from what you have done so far.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.