Pallet Stacker?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
In the right circumstances, could it be useful? The one below has a capacity of 2200 lbs-not sure if that would be enough.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200419685_200419685
365386_700x700.jpg

If you got the height to stack and the tools to do so, It worth while, but is it worth 1000$ to you?

I stack my pellet pallets but I already own a CAT that I rent out

In less than a day, I was able to move and re stack 6 tons of pellets by hand for FREE.

Only useful if you are going to stack pallets. If you are just moving them around, a pallet jack would be much cheaper
and easier to maneuver.. and get your pallets a lot closer to each other...
just my opinion.. plus.. some pallets may be more than 66" high..

Dan

Only useful if you are going to stack pallets. If you are just moving them around, a pallet jack would be much cheaper
and easier to maneuver.. and get your pallets a lot closer to each other...
just my opinion.. plus.. some pallets may be more than 66" high..

Dan
I am considering buying a pallet jack as well. keep pallets in pole barn and bring one pallet at a time into the garage for easy access. My only challenge will be if the constant mud around here is dry enough for pallet jack at the times we need another pallet.......

..My only challenge will be if the constant mud around
here is dry enough for pallet jack at the times we need another pallet.......

If I were you, I wouldn't even consider either the lifter or a jack for anything but a smooth concrete/asphalt surface.
You will never get the thing started on dirt..... :(

Check the local Industrial surplus/liquidators around you.
Pallet jacks/stackers and even fork trucks can be had fairly cheap.

I used to use http://www.americansurplus.com/ in Rhode Island

I'm sure there is something close to you.

---Nailer---

If I were you, I wouldn't even consider either the lifter or a jack for anything but a smooth concrete/asphalt surface.
You will never get the thing started on dirt..... :(
You are right, thinking back or using them decades ago in a cement warehouse. I might look into them again if we ever build an enclosed catwalk to the polebarn. Till then it will loading individual bags on a pickup for my husband or one at a time in yard wagon for me. Thanks for the common sense post!

Status
Not open for further replies.