Pam Cooking Spray Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt it smoke bad out the pipe when starting it up? Wouldnt cooking spray smoke as well...just smell better?

No and no... After 5 months, its a very light film... Not noticeable in smoke or smell.

I vacuum all the ash out of my Castille insert, then spray the entire interior with Pam spray real good... Works great... I had some minor surface rusting in the fire box before I began using the Pam but no more rust has shown up. I even spray under the firepot where the pull rod is theres a pivot right under the fire pot and they never coated the linkage from the factory its bare steel and gets surface rust on it so I spray all that linkage as well and it's fine...

Here's a question? How about leaving the ash that sticks to everything there until next season to prevent moisture from getting in contact with the metal parts? I've done this and not had any problem with rust in my Enviro Windsor ever. Especially how it sticks to the blades on the combustion motor.

I'm going to give this a try this year. I have heard several people do the same thing.

can't remember where someone was asking about leaving the door open during off season.
i am doing just that.
because to me, it seems like three to four months when the rope gasket is not under compression can only add to it's effective life.
not wide open :) just slightly ajar.

Status
Not open for further replies.