Parts for Century JW2000xxx?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeMel

Mar 18, 2021
Hamden, CT
Howdy!

I bought a house with a wood stove in it and thoroughly enjoying it, but it needs some refurbishing. Some of the firebricks are worn out and need replacing, as do the gaskets. These are the most obvious things.

I've emailed Century and they say they aren't the original manufacturers (it was made circa 6/2000, according to the label) but sent me this manual: https://www.century-heating.com/us/en/archives/vp00321/manuals/

I'm trying to figure out what gasket to use for both the glass and the door. How specific do I need to be here? Which one of these gasket kits might I need to use?

As for the firebrick, lots of it seems fine to me, but there is one on the side that's definitely degraded, and the one covering the hole down to the ash bin is crumbling. I think likely many of the bottom ones could possibly use replacing. Any recommendations there?

I'd appreciate any insight you might have to offer.

Here are some pics, if they'd be of use:
IMG_20211217_094020573.jpgIMG_20211217_091740925.jpgIMG_20211220_221446155.jpgIMG_20211220_221439820.jpg

The front says Jacuzzi. I'm wondering if they sub-contracted Century to make the stove. The firebrick don't look that bad. It looks like they are pumice brick. A bit of spalling on the surface is ok. If they are standard size you can get replacements online. They don't need to be Century parts.

The front says Jacuzzi. I'm wondering if they sub-contracted Century to make the stove. The firebrick don't look that bad. It looks like they are pumice brick. A bit of spalling on the surface is ok. If they are standard size you can get replacements online. They don't need to be Century parts.
Yeah, apparently they bought out Jacuzzi some time back. Most of the bricks do seem fine, though I wonder if they're undersized. The main thing is the one that goes into the hole that leads to the ash pan below is completely crumbled...I guess no big deal.

The real thing is the gasket - I'm just not sure what matters when replacing it.